Chinese nationwide Zhu Jiang, 28 (centre, with glasses), submits a problem with Pattaya cops in Chon Buri after losing prized possessions worth more than one million baht on a beach on Koh Larn. (Image by Chaiyot Pupattanapong)

CHON BURI: A Koh Larn jet ski chauffeur presumably got products worth over one million baht left on a beach by a Chinese traveler while he went swimming – and after that declined to return them.

The chauffeur, Rattanapol Sae Oui, 21, and another guy, Surasak Intharachot, 50, were captured on charges of conspiring in theft on Tuesday.

The arrests followed Zhu Jiang, 28, submitted a problem with Pattaya cops at around 1am on Tuesday, stating he lost a water resistant pouch including important products while swimming at Tawaen beach of Restriction Koh Larn town in Bang Lamung district on Monday, stated Pol Maj Piyapong Ensarn, the Pattaya traveler cops chief.

The products consisted of an iPhone X worth about 50,000 baht, a jade pendant worth 600,000 baht and a diamond-studded ring worth 600,000 baht.

A Chinese traveler points at 2 suspects charged with taking his prized possessions from a beach on Koh Larn in Chon Buri. (Image by Chaiyot Pupattanapong)

He asked jet ski motorists running in the location to assist discover the products, however they were not able to do so, he stated. This triggered him to rely on cops for assistance.

Cops taken a look at video footage of closed-circuit tv cams, and saw a male looking like a regional jet ski chauffeur getting the products. They consequently jailed the guy, recognized later on as Mr Rattanpol, at Restriction Koh Larn town, stated Pol Maj Piyapong.

Mr Rattanapol apparently confessed to taking the products and bringing the diamond-studded ring to Mr Sarasak to offer in Pattaya.

The jet ski chauffeur stated he hung on to the jade pendant, however tossed the iPhone and the water resistant pouch into the sea.

Cops then took Mr Sarasak to the store where he offered the ring, and recovered it.

The Chinese nationwide on Tuesday appeared at Pattaya police headquarters to verify the recuperated products were his, while the 2 suspects were kept in cops custody for legal action.

Like it? Share with your friends!