The contaminated 29-year-old Israeli traveler, seated left, who left his Bangkok hotel without waiting on his Covid-19 test outcome, surrenders to cops at a dining establishment on Koh Samui in Surat Thani on Wednesday. (Image: Supapong Chaolan)

An Israeli traveler who triggered a manhunt by leaving his Bangkok hotel without waiting on his Covid-19 test outcome, which showed favorable, gave up to cops on Koh Samui on Wednesday afternoon.

He at first headed to Pattaya, however later on went south to the vacation island.

Ohad Baruch, 29, turned himself in quickly after midday.

Samui district chief Theerapong Chuaychoo, senior cops and health authorities went to Samui Piar Bangrak dining establishment in tambon Bo Phud to gather Mr Baruch around 12.30 pm.

He previously called authorities stating he wished to give up.

After talks, he was required to Koh Samui Medical facility by ambulance for Covid-19 screening. Health volunteers accompanied him.

Niwet Saksri, assistant chief of Koh Samui public health workplace, stated they had actually started looking for the traveler on Wednesday early morning after being encouraged he had actually taken a trip to the island.

They discovered him at a regional dining establishment and he had actually collaborated the guy’s surrender.

Deputy cops representative Pol Col Krissana Pattanacharoen stated on Wednesday afternoon that cops had actually looked for a court warrant for the guy’s arrest.

According to media reports, Traveler Authorities had actually informed Bangkok cops that the traveler had actually called his embassy and stated he would give up to cops on Koh Samui.

Pol Maj Gen Jirasan Kaewsaeng-ek, representative to the Metropolitan Authorities Bureau stated the test outcome revealed the guy was contaminated with the Delta variation, not Omicron.

The guy gotten here in Thailand in the early hours of Dec 17 and was quarantined at a hotel in Sukhumvit location while awaiting his RT PCR Covid-19 test outcome.

Nevertheless, he left the hotel the next day without waiting on the outcome and apparently took a taxi to Pattaya around 2pm. About the very same time, the hotel was notified that the guy’s test was favorable for the coronavirus. Hotel personnel reported his lack to Thong Lor cops.

A source stated the traveler showed up in Pattaya and attempted to sign in at a hotel, however stopped working to produce his passport and the hotel declined him.

Thai media reported that the guy had actually taken a trip to Pattaya from Bangkok in a taxi driven by Nit Kaosaeng, from in front of the Emporium outlet store, and paid 2,500 baht for the journey.

Thai media called the Israeli traveler as “Mr Ohad”.

Reports stated he had actually gone back to Bangkok on Dec 19 and had actually leased a van to the southern provinces. There was a picture of him in Chumphon on Monday early morning prior to he went to Koh Samui of Surat Thani in the afternoon of that day, according to the reports.

Pol Lt Gen Archayon Kraithong, deputy commissioner of the Migration Bureau, was heading the group tracing the missing out on traveler.

The cops group inspected his smart phone usage record around 10.30 pm on Dec 18 and discovered that he switched off his phone.

Thong Lor cops have actually asked the Department of Illness Control to submit a problem versus the traveler for stopping working to follow illness control procedures in infraction of the emergency situation decree. The offense brings an optimum charge of 2 years in jail and/or fine of 40,000 baht.

He likewise deals with a charge of being a foreign nationwide who stopped working to remain in a location he was allowed to remain while in the nation. The offense brings a fine of as much as 5,000 baht.

Authorities think some Thais may have assisted the missing out on guy.

Like it? Share with your friends!